Friday, October 8, 2010

SUPERDAD

Tonight, Heidi and I were blessed to be able to go to our homeschool group's gathering.  It was awesome!  We had a guest speaker, Todd Wilson.  Todd is known as "The Familyman".  His website is a phenomenal resource for dads--not just homeschooling dads, but every dad.  He has "bucketloads" of resources and information.

He was hysterical--I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.  Todd knows how to do comedy; he makes you laugh at yourself and your own situation.  Everything he was saying was resonating in such a way that it made me feel like he was stalking us.  Yet, as I was listening, laughing, and crying from laughing too hard, I realized that everyone was laughing.  He wasn't just stalking us...he was stalking everyone.  Or...everyone was going through or has gone through the same things he was talking about.

And that got me thinking...we are all going through or, at one time, have gone through the same things in life.  We always think we are the only ones; we always feel so alone in our junk.  But the truth is, there are others out there to help you deal with your struggles; there are others out there to encourage you.  God has placed people in your life at the right time.  And God has given us a wealth of information in the greatest resource around--the Bible.

Todd was an inspiration to me.  He encouraged me; he stirred me up to be a better dad.  He is someone that I will turn to when I find myself in need of direction.  We all have those people and we need to use them as the resources that God intended them to be.  But as much as I see Todd as a SuperDad, God is even moreso.

Turn to your Heavenly Dad when you are struggling; turn to your friends when you need encouragement.  Let your friends stir you up.  God is a SuperDad and has given you every resource you could possibly need.

"And let us consider how to stir one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near."  -Hebrews 10:24-25 (ESV)-

No comments:

Post a Comment