Wednesday, October 6, 2010

ETERNAL BACKSPACE

I've been looking at different computers over the last few months because mine has been on a downward spiral for quite some time.  It started a slow process of committing suicide about a year ago, but has been fairly functional as different parts of the machine breathed their last.  I've been limited in some areas, but most of the major components were still hanging on to life.  That was until this morning.


This morning was the day that my "backspace" key bit the dust.  It simply decided that it had been overused by the amateur typist who can't spell.  I was furious.  How do you use a computer without the "backspace" key?  What happens when you make a mistake?  I was close to assisting in the death process of my computer with a hammer.  You can't make it without a "backspace" key.


And that got me thinking...we can't possibly make it without an Eternal Backspace key.  We constantly make mistakes in our walks with the Lord.  We don't follow the commands of the Lord; we choose easy sin instead of working toward holiness.  We are all sinners who fall short of the perfection God requires.


Praise God we have Jesus as our Eternal Backspace.  When you accept Jesus as your Lord and give Him control over your life--dying to your flesh and letting His Spirit guide every decision--you have access to the ultimate mistake eraser.  With a repentant heart, we can seek forgiveness from the one who gave His life so that we can live without "life-typos".


Now, it didn't take me long to figure out that I simply needed to move my cursor and use the "delete" key; I had another option to fix my typing errors.  We don't have that luxury in the spiritual world; there is no other option.  I need to choose a different computer...you need to choose Jesus as your Eternal Backspace.


"As far as the east is from the west, so far does He remove our transgressions from us."  -Psalm 103:12 (ESV)-

1 comment:

  1. Most of us have experienced labor outside on a really HOT summer day. There's nothing more refreshing after several hours' work than a tall, cold glass of water.
    Jason, your blogs make me think of that glass of water . . . a spiritual refreshment in the midst of a long, problem-filled workday and a reminder to trust in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete